How could we incorporate family history into our reunion?
How can we incorporate our family history into our reunion?
COMMENTS FROM READERS:
- You could play a number of “who belongs with who” games and use the family tree to see if you were right. Try to arrange pictures of each family member in order, like a tree made of pictures, and see if you got everyone in the right place. This could also be done with the ancestors of the matriarch & patriarch. How well do you know where you came from? We are hoping to add puzzles soon, as well. Get several and have a race to see who knows the extended family best!
- We are doing our family cook book with pictures and history of the recipes and we will have it to sell at the family reunion.
- Families usually have lots of stories, have a story night and ask everyone to share one of their favorite stories or memories. Be sure to record them and then someone can put them together in a book and offer copies to anyone who wants to buy one.
- Have a booklet with a family tree and games
- Those "remember when" conversations are always fun. Recording it is a great idea.
- We did this story telling at one of our early reunions. Siblings told on siblings and the grandchildren ate it up!
- Our reunions are held every 2 years. One way we've incorporated our history is, through a slide-show.
- I have researched the family census from 1910 and 1930, to get info on the area we are from, so I plan to this year use that in our reunion. My granny is starting to forget so I want to especially do this for her
- I am making a CD with documents from ancestry.com - marriage licenses, census reports, military records, and passport application.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Q&A - Themes & Decorations.