Good Conversation Starters to Liven the Family Reunion
Turn good conversation starters into an ice breaker game. Excellent conversation questions will lead to effective family communication.
You know that awkward moment when you see some relative for the first time in a looooong time and you're supposed to know who they are?
Perhaps they look vaguely familiar and you remember talking to them at the last family wedding. But you can't remember what you've talked about, let alone what hobbies they enjoy, where they live, how many kids they have, or how you're related.
How do you start up a conversation that's different than the last you had? How do you get past the meaningless surface chit chat?
Conversation starters to the rescue!
But not just ANY conversation starters. You need GOOD conversation starters that are:
- family friendly
- easy to remember
- interesting and
- include a sense of humor
The following questions are a sampling of those included in my planning guide e-book.
Choose your favorites that will lead to effective family communication. Memorize them or turn them into an ice breaker game.
Good Conversation Starters for Families
you had to identically repeat any single year of your life to date, without
changing a thing, which year would you relive?
- Would you rather have horns on your head or hooves on your feet?
you could have stopped aging at any point in your life up to the present, how
old would you want to remain?
- If you could have lived in any war throughout history (without actually fighting in it), which would it be?
- Were you a good kid or a bad kid? Would you parents agree with you?
- What's something that you've won and how did you win it?
- What's the first movie you saw in a theater?
- What's the most daring or adventurous thing you've ever done?
- What lesson did you have to learn the hard way?
- What ancestors of yours would you like to meet?
- What is the best magic trick that you have ever seen? Who did it?
- In your opinion, what's the most challenging part of being a kid?
- If you could see anything at all in super-super-super-slow motion, what would you want to see?
- What is one item you own that you should really throw away... but probably never will?
- What is the most awesome machine you've ever seen in person?
- Who is most likely to be the next person married in your family?
- What invention could you "uninvent" if you could?
- When is the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
- What is the best $100 you have ever spent in your life?
Return to the top of this page, Good Conversation Starters
View additional Family Reunion Ideas
Go to Family Reunion Success Home